Note that this unit has been sold.
Corner unit has a large living room w/ high ceilings, dining room, office, new kitchen w/granite counters & floors, luxury bathroom with blue pearl granite counter, vessel sink & marble floor, 2 nice size bedrooms w/custom closets, washer/dryer, 2 fireplaces, maple hardwood floors, central A/C, professionally decorated interior, storage and lots of sunlight.
The Barnes Mansion was built around the turn of the 20th century and was totally renovated and “gut-rehab’ed” in 1997. It is a gorgeous, professionally managed building with beautiful period detail, a courtyard and an elevator.
Annual Taxes: $4,586/year (FY2015, net of residential exemption)
Condominium Fee: $425/month (2015, includes heat, A/C, hot water, master insurance, building maintenance, capital fund, etc.
Unit #1 Features
- Corner unit (windows face Marlborough Street and Charlesgate East) gets lots of daylight
- Large living room w/bowed area and decorative fireplace with blue pearl granite hearth and antique tile
- Great bathroom with custom hardwood oversized vanity, blue pearl granite slab counter, glass vessel sink, waterfall faucet and marble tile
- Small kitchen with granite counters & floors and brand new stainless steel appliances
- Nice dining room
- Master bedroom w/ two custom closets
- Guest Bedroom w/large custom closet
- Small Office which can be converted into a huge walk-in closet, baby’s room, small child’s playroom or 2nd bathroom
- Full size custom front hall closet, custom pantry closet and custom linen closet along with built in shoe drawers
- 60 square foot, half-height storage room accessible from unit
- Individual secure storage area outside unit in building
- Interior doors are white solid paneled wood
- Central A/C and air-forced heat
- Wired for high-speed (gigabit) internet access
Building Features – Barnes Mansion
The Barnes Mansion is a historic building with beautiful period detail
- Very large common courtyard appointed with plants, benches, tables and chairs along with an herb garden for resident’s use
- Professionally managed by Greater Boston Properties with a full-time on-site superintendent
- The Barnes Mansion was built in the early 1900’s and was totally renovated and “gut-rehab’ed” in 1997 with all new interior walls, floors, ceilings, wiring, fire suppression, plumbing, systems, carpeting, appliances, etc
- The lobby has beautiful detail, an elegant working fountain and chandelier
- The exterior is stone with copper detail around large bay windows
- A nice sized common room, set up as a library and usable as a quiet place to get away, dinner party overflow, children’s play or exercise
- 1/2 bathroom in lobby
- Modern, over-sized elevator
- Mostly owner-occupied
- Waste room on each floor (no need to worry about trash day); optional recycling available
Location – Back Bay
The building sits on the corner of Charlesgate East and posh Marlborough Street in Boston’s luxurious Back Bay neighborhood
- A few blocks from the Hynes Convention Center subway stop on the Green Line connecting the Back Bay to downtown and the suburbs of Brookline and Newton and many area universities
- A block from the entrance to Storrow drive, a highway connecting the Back Bay to Interstate 93 and much of the area and a few blocks from the entrance to Interstate 90, connecting to Interstate 95, the western suburbs and all the way to Seattle
- A block from the Charles River and the famous Esplanade. The Esplanade features a large jogging/biking trail along the river, sailing, boat launches, evening entertainment (e.g., the Boston Pops) and picnic areas
- A few blocks from the famous Newbury Street with high-end shopping, restaurants and outdoor cafes, the Prudential Center and Copley Square
- A few blocks from Fenway Park, the home of the Red Soxs
- A reasonable walk to MIT, Boston University, and Northeastern University and subway or bus ride from Harvard, Tufts and other area schools.
- In one block, you can find Duex Ave, the Chef Chang’s on Back Bay, Sweet Cupcake, Indian food, two convenience stores and two dry cleaners. Walk one more block and you can access Clio (one of the top 5 restaurants in Boston), the Elliot Hotel, the Harvard Club, and Petit Robert.
- Whirlpool Duet front loading high efficiency washer & dryer
- Stainless Steel Whirlpool Microwave
- Stainless Steel Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher
- Stainless Steel Whirlpool Oven/Stove
- Stainless Steel KitchenAid Refrigerator w/Icemaker